Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Baseball, and Stitches, and Tom Ford. Oh My!


Two days ago, as I was on my way home from a grueling day of work, I got a text from my beloved (Aki), letting me know he was at the hospital getting stitches. This is when yours truly responded with a "WHAT!" Apparently, Aki injured (torn an artery, and chipped the bone) the middle finger of his left hand while playing baseball. Now, I have no idea what extreme version of the sport he was playing, but who knew baseball could be so dangerous?! I quickly changed my course, and headed over to the hospital. Three hours, and nine stitches later, here's the end result:


So, because this is primarily a beauty blog, and me not wanting to waste a makeup look, here's my look from that day :D

 I'm really impressed with how well the eye makeup held up. I've been in this makeup for over 11 hours. I retouched the blush once, and the lipstick twice. Well done Mr.Ford!


Products used:
Face:
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Santa Fe (Medium 2).
Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow Pencil in Seal Brown.
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder.
Tom Ford Cheek Color 04 Savage.
Eyes:
Mac Studio Sculpt Concealer NC20
Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes in 03 Illicit (all over the lid).
Mac Eye Kohl in Prunella (applied lightly in the outer crease and blended. Used to tightline, and on the waterline.
Kate Super Sharp Liner in RD-1 (line the lashline).
Mac Zoom Lash in New Hue (upper and lower lashes)
Lips:
Tom Ford Lip Color in 16 Scarlet Rouge.

For those of you wondering, this is what the last hair color faded into. This was expected, since it's a bit challenging to go from light to dark. 

And for your swatch viewing pleasure :D

From left to right: Cream Color for Eyes 03 Illicit, Cheek Color 04 Savage, Lip Color 16 Scarlet Rouge.

 Cream Color for Eyes 03 Illicit:  a shimmery russet-bronzed maroon.

 Cheek Color 04 Savage: a muted redden bronze-brown with a gorgeous sheen.

 Lip Color 16 Scarlet Rouge: a warm "true" red. 

I own several pieces from Tom Ford beauty, and I LOVE it!!! I love the Cream Color for Eyes, the Cheek Colors, and the Lip Colors!! The Tom Ford beauty line is a very (and I mean "VERY") extravagant and luxurious brand. To my dismay, these little golden beauty nuggets are not available in Japan. But, thanks to the gods of online shopping, I'm able to satisfy my decadent beauty fix >;) 

Hope you enjoyed this post! 

What are some of your favorite red lipsticks?

Looking gorgeous one lipstick at a time.

Post a Comment

0 Comments