I want to review today my favorite waterproof black eyeliner since years, the Dior Crayon Eyeliner Waterproof.
First of all I'd like to say that, for me, an eyeliner should always be waterproof. Why would anyone want a non-waterproof eye pencil?
Secondly, this one is the best waterproof pencil I've ever had, which is why I use it. Not because it's Dior, not because of pigmentation or because of price, but those things all help.
This is truly a very good waterproof eyepencil. Why? Well, most eyepencils that are waterproof tend to contain oils. They are very greasy, hard to sharpen, they rub off and they are poorly pigment, even grey-ish. But not this one. I find that I can easily sharpen it (with the single sharpener that comes with it for free). The point is very sharp, yet the pencil is not too hard. Neither is it too soft, which normally happens when a pencil is marketed as waterproof. I love how pain-free the application is. Some L'Oreal pencils have stabbed and dragged across my eyelids, while some Maybelline pencils have smudged all over the splace. This one is just perfect.
The shade is intense black, but there are a few other shades available like dark brown, off-black and dark blue. Dior doesn't have a lot of choice when it come to eye pencils, they are more of a lipstick shade and eyeshadow brand.
I also love the luxurious blue box it comes in, as well as the crisp sharpener it comes with. This way, the pencil cannot be contamminated with sharpeners that havelip pencil (+ bacteria) all over it.
I can greate a nice cat-eye with this pencil, or a subtle classic bar rubbed in between my lashes. I can't find a nice chocolate brown in this brand, so for that I use the Estée Lauder Double Wear Eyeliner in Coffee (far right).
x
Helena

0 Comments