I was looking for a fine, silky eyeshadow pallet with colors that would make my blue eyes pop, because these are rare these days. My big eyes spotted the new Big Eyes eyeshadow collection and I instantly went for the shade 01 Luminous Browns.
Here what I think of the product. There are pros as well as cons.
The first con is that I wasn't sure if these products were made for certain eye colors. I knew that golds and browns make blue eyes pop, especially when they're silky and radiant, so I just went for the luminous browns.
The second con is that the design of the pallets is a little old fashioned, a little late eighties. The triangular waves in combination with some risky shades, hmm I prefer the Eye Studio layout for Maybelline, which is a long pallet with different equal squares and it fits the clean and polished image that Maybelline has. I feel a bit like "aunty using her make up box from 10 years ago" (yes, I know the eighties weren't ten years ago ;) ).
The third con are the colours themselves. I'm sure they all have a purpose, but is it just because you add a hint of colour means that your eyes will seem bigger and brighter? I'm not sure. Luckily the brown pallete doesn't have any risky colours. The strangest hue is an orangy gold.
The first pro is that the eyeshadow itself is very soft and silky, almost like a high and eyeshadow. Maybelline understand that these days we want hassle free products that don't make us look fake, but rather angelic and pretty, like were born with it, always. When I apply the shades I can use the applicator that comes with it or I can use my finger, the texture is that smooth.
Second pro is that the colors look very good together. When it comes to these brown shades, they sure look good on my blue eyes. I'm still not sure about the orange shade. I apply a hint right above my pupil to attract attention and it seems to work. The subbtleness and the quality of the other shades makes up for it. The highlighter in the middle seems gentle, but remember that everything looks much stronger in natural daylight. The medium shade blends into my crease easily and the darkest shade is intense enough to create a nice V in my outer corner.
One little one is that the darkest shade creates a little but too much fall out to use with a liner brush to create a nice tightline along my lashes. So, it's not good for creating eyeliner. I use a dark brown or black eyeliner with this eyeshadow, which is how makeup works in the end. You can also add a line of stick eyeshadow if you don't want to use eyeliner and blend.
Apparently the eyeshadow is made with the use of a wet-pour-process. I tried finding information of this process online but I only found one other site that mentioned the term: Lancome. I guess it's a process where you slowly pour the liquid with the pigments as to spare the quality as much as possible.
All in all I like this product and I have it almost every day since I bought it.
The price is around twelve euros.
x
Helene
0 Comments