Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in 52 Vanilla review



I needed a powder that wouldn't make my skin look like a meadow from a helicopter (a.k.a. what looks like hairs half covered in sand). I thought I'd give Bourjois another shot since I'm started to fit a little more in their target group. My experiences with Bourjois haven't been very good. I find their round little blushes too hard, as in they don't give off much product on my brush. Their eyeshadows are too harsh in color, their foundations are too yellow and I once made the mistake of sporting one of their "So Delicate Velvet Lip Creams", a.k.a. just a dry powdery lipstick with no grip whatsoever.

Yet I decided to buy their Healthy Balance unifying powder in their lightest shade, 52 Vanilla. It was only when I tried it at home that the lightest shade wasn't the lightest one at all. Although the second shade had seemed a little darker in store, the third and fourth shade appear to be much lighter than the lightest, as these internet photos prove:

These are the powder shades from "lightest" (smallest number) to "darkest" (largest number). From left to right there is: 52 Vanille, 53 Beige clair, 55 Beige foncé en 56 Hâlé clair.

On this model you can see the difference:

Don't you think the shade on the bottom left is lighter than the one on the top left?

Although I did find a picture that proves the opposite:

Didn't I swatch the powder at the store? Of course I did, but never have I come across a brand of powder where the smallest number isn't the lightest, fairest. I understand that some brands come up with different shades now and then, for example Essence that come up with a shade nr. 007, the lightest shade of mousse foundation, which they but before number 004 on the shelves. A less tolerable example were the brand new age rewind anti dark circles concealers, where the second number was the lightest shade. It makes fair women, the majority in my area, buy more of a less popular version of a product, before buying the correct type.

So ladies, swatch all of the shades before buying a product, especially if you buy high end products! Keep your drugstore ticket, and ask for a refund if you are not pleased.

All in all, if I had bought the right shade, I would have loved this product completely. The powder is moist, fresh, comes in a beautiful tin. It does cover my skin quite well after foundation. It takes away unevenness. The finish is not powdery, just like it promises. It's also one of those powders that doesn't require much touch up troughout the day, which is why it promises to last for 10 hours. The Asian fruit therapy is a little over the top, but an infused powder is always better than none. It claims to be hypo-allergenic and non comedogenic. A third claim is that it was dermatologically tested, but isn't that obvious seeing the previous statements?

One think I don't like is the thinness of the tin: it doesn't contain a puff for powder and it probably contains less product than other brands.

Post a Comment

0 Comments